Firstly thankyou to the lovely Hayley at Land of Lawson for the tag.
Writing this was therapeutic for me this week. I’ve not been having the best week with the kids for various reasons, and if I’ve said outloud that I think I’m failing once, I’ve said it three or four times.
I did find writing this hard – if I’m honest I’m very critical of my own parenting, and often feel the ‘mum guilt’ because I don’t feel like I’m getting it right.
As mums we need to build each other up, and not tear each other down – something I’ve had a bit of this week – everyone has an opinion, and I think it’s easy to forget that forcing that opinion, or sometimes giving what you think is helpful advice, can actually make someone feel rubbish and make them doubt themselves. *rant over*
Anyway, as hard as it was, here are my 10 reasons that I am rocking Motherhood…
1. My kids always look tidy when we leave the house (even if they permanently wear yoghurt stained pjs at home)
2. I am capturing their memories and childhoods in photos and on film.
3. I go without to make sure they don’t.
4. I am organised. I very rarely forget if they have homework due, or I have to fill a form in, or they have to take something for show and tell.
5. I have a whole cupboard dedicated to craft things. I’m not really a crafty person but I love that the kids love it.
6. They have a clean uniform everyday.
7. I’m really strict on them looking after their teeth (I’m an ex dental nurse) and I rarely let them have sugar outside of mealtimes – to them this makes me mean mummy but they will thank me in the long term.
8. I let them take over my once pretty garden with plastic toys, and trampolines and a giant playhouse, just because I would’ve loved that growing up – I used to play in my Dad’s shed!
9. As long as they will let me I will smother them in hugs and kisses and tell them that I love them so that they know how special they are.
10. Every night no matter how tired I am, I always go in to check on them at my bedtime, and give them a kiss and cuddle and tell them I love them. I think in 7 years, I’ve only missed the night I was in hospital after having Ollie and a couple of times when I had a sickness bug and couldn’t move.
I would like to tag three Mummy’s that I think are rocking motherhood – Jemma at Mayflower Blogs, Helen at All The Beautiful Things and Sarah at Run Jump Scrap. I think it’s wonderful to try and remind yourself why you are bloody brilliant!